Climate change is real. It’s happening now and fast. There has been a surge in the use of the electronic device with the advancement in technology. This has put a lot of pressure on mother nature. The aspect most people cannot compromise with is music. It is the fuel that powers life. A part of living a happy life is mental peace and music is one of the most popular ways of calming oneself down. Music is the constant companion who stays with you even when you’re alone or stuck in a crowd of people. It is the savior who comes to your rescue when you are sad and accentuates your mirth when you are happy.
Music has become an indelible part of our daily lives. Hardly anyone can imagine his or her daily life without music. Maybe that is the reason why we do not move out of our houses without our headphones. It has become an essential while traveling. Using headphones for long hours can lead to headaches and nausea because of which people started switching to speakers. Even then the speakers were bound by complicated wiring. Along came Bluetooth speakers that solved this problem up to some extent. It was still under the clutches of wires while charging. Here come solar-powered Bluetooth speakers to the rescue!
The Bluetooth is especially popular while going on trekking or a vacation in nature’s lap. Electricity is not available at all times everywhere. The solar panels of such Bluetooth speakers come in handy here. They do not need electricity or the cumbersome wiring system for charging. The photovoltaic cells making up the solar panels can turn solar energy into electric energy. When the photons in sunlight separate the electrons from the atoms, the panel converts them into electricity. This is how a Bluetooth speaker gets charged. It is gentle on the environment as well.
Some of the best solar-powered Bluetooth speakers are:
1) Eton Rugged Rukus:
- DUAL POWERED SOUND SYSTEM: This rugged, splashproof & drop-proof dual powered sound system allows you to play music with crystal clear sound from your...
- LONG LASTING POWER: The Rukus features a lithium battery that can play music for 8 hours, & the solar panel fully charges in less than 5 hours in...
- ETON BRINGS YOU INFORMATION: We help you stay entertained with access to the latest news, music & information. Whether you're listening to a local...
Eton is one of the pioneer brands of solar-powered Bluetooth speakers in the world. Do not go on its looks. It looks small on the outside but it has an outstanding performance. It puts the solar energy to its best use. For the price tag it comes with, this Bluetooth speaker is the best solar-powered speaker. This can also be charged using a USB port in 2-3 hours. The same can be done using the solar panel in 5 hours. The USB port can also be doubled as a power bank. A fully charged speaker can play music uninterruptedly for 8 hours. The sound is pretty clear works in the sun as well. The only downside is that the bass is not that powerful.
2) Ecoxgear Sol Jam Solar-powered Waterproof Speaker:
- Yes, it’s waterproof: Designed for whatever life throws at it, SOL JAM meets and exceeds the IPX7 waterproof standard. No need to worry if you...
- Integrated Solar panel creates 325mAh per hour = more power than speakers use at normal listening levels. Never have to plug into a power outlet ever...
- Bring your music and your friends anywhere you go Clip the SOL JAM to your bike, tent, backpack, or attach it via the integrated 1/4" camera style...
Ecoxgear has toiled to make its name in the Bluetooth speaker market. It has produced a widely appreciated range of speakers for outdoor music enjoyment. The 6.2 inches long speaker is easily transportable from one place to the other. Therefore, it is apt for travel and vacations. This speaker is IPX7-rated waterproof. This feature keeps it safe from water and even if it falls in a river or pool, it will continue to work just fine. It can be charged within 3 hours with the 1.5-Watt panels and lasts up to 13 hours. The loudness level of this speaker is quite high, making it suitable for gatherings. The sound quality is smooth and optimum for simple music. Overall, this is a decent product.
3) Eton Soulra XL Solar-powered Wireless Sound System:
- Power: 72 square inch enhanced monocrystal solar panel, rechargeable lithium ion battery pack, charges iPod and iPhone.30-Pin Dock Connector.
- Protect with: Rubberized end caps and anti-glare tinted iPod chamber
- 8 speaker drivers (2x tweeter, 2x woofer, 4x passive radiator).
The build of this speaker is heavier than the other speakers on the list. The power of this speaker makes it good enough for small house parties. The sound is loud and clear for its size. Being 7 pounds in weight, it is not easily portable. The back of the speaker has solar panels and that has hinges to turn towards the sun. There is a Bass Button for changing modes. The AC cords can charge it to make it work for 8 hours at a stretch. The solar panel takes 5 hours for fully charging the speaker. The power capacity of 22W with special emphasis on vocals. The bass extension could have been greater. Nevertheless, this Eton speaker does not disappoint in other aspects.
4) Braven BRV-PRO+SOLAR Bluetooth Speaker:
- Rock From Sun-up To Sun-down - Foldable & adjustable solar panel captures sun rays to keep the music going
- Versatile & Stunning Design - IPX7 Certified Waterproof Rating
- Great Sound - Omni-directional passive sub woofer, Huge sound in portable, compact design
This is a wonderful speaker for playing music outdoors. An extra accessory makes it a solar speaker. It has quite a heavy price tag attached to it but if budget is not an issue for you, go for this. It is IPX7-rated so it can withstand wet and adverse weather conditions. It acts as a power bank for your electronic devices. The USB and micro USB ports facilitate it. It can play music continuously for 15 hours. The bass does not have as much power as you might have expected out of it. Treble, guitar, and vocals pop out in this speaker. This makes the sound clear and the beats appear distinct enough to hear. The pricing might be an issue, but of course, no one would want to miss out on the advanced features.
5) INSMY IPX7 Solar-powered Portable Wireless Bluetooth Speaker:
- 【IPX7 100% WATERPROOF, EVEN FULLY SUBMERSIBLE】Can be fully immersed up to 1 meter for about 30 minutes underwater. Dustproof, Waterproof,...
- 【INCREDIBLE PLAYTIME, UP TO 12 HOURS】INSMY waterproof Bluetooth speaker with the Built-in li-ion 1200mAh rechargeable battery guarantees up to 12...
- 【SUPERIOR HD SOUND, CLEAR LOUD】with 8W driver and passive radiators, INSMY shower speaker delivers surprisingly loud clear stereo sound even under...
This small Bluetooth speaker by INSMY has the power to use the sun’s energy to the best of its potential. It is perfect for playing music in small spaces like in a small room or a circle of friends. One side of it has the buttons and the other has solar panels. It has Bluetooth, micro-SD support and 3.5mm jack aux port. It is IPX4-rated water-resistant. It can last up to 6 hours on a full charge. It can play music while getting solar charged as well. No distortion of music takes place even when you increase the volume. Acoustic tunes and treble are the best supported in this speaker. Overall, the sound clarity is decent and loudness is also optimal.
6) Goal Zero 94013 Rock Out 2 Black Solar Rechargeable Speaker:
- Bluetooth enabled
- Integrated solar panel to help keep your charge longer
- Big sounds - DarkBass chamber provides precise sound
Do you think it is only a Bluetooth speaker? Think again. It acts as a phone case as well to carry it around. It is mostly chosen for daily use. The zip on the speaker separates the phone case from the USB and aux cable ports. There is a cord on the speaker that allows it to hang from handles and hangings. It can be fully charged in 8 hours using the solar panels on its back. The same can be done using the USB port in just 2.5 hours. Either way can make the speaker play music for 15 hours non-stop. It gives out a natural vibration while playing music with audible sound quality. The innovative technology used in this Goal Zero speaker makes it stand out among the other Bluetooth speakers.
7) ION Audio Solar Stone- Wireless Solar-Rechargeable Outdoor Speaker:
- 6.5-inch full-range speaker and powerful onboard amplifier really pump up the volume
- 48-hour rechargeable battery provides long-lasting, uninterrupted musicRecharge by embedded solar panel or with AC power adapter**Speaker charges in 6...
- IPX4 waterproof so you can leave it out in the rain
The design of this speaker is the most unique feature about it. It gives out an earthy look as it looks like a piece of rock. A small gathering or a soiree is the best occasion to put this speaker to work. It can be bought in a pair. The differentiated look of this speaker makes it worthy of this list. Portability is a small issue as it weighs 9.4 pounds. It is IPX4-rated water-resistant and can sustain even in some splashes and spills. It takes quite a long time of 55 hours to get charged under the sun. The same is done through the AC source in just 5 hours. It has a battery life of a mammoth 48 hours. The bass is really powerful which makes it attractive.
8) Ivation Water-resistant Solar and Dynamo Powered AM/FM/NOAA Radio, Bluetooth Stereo Speaker and Phone Charger:
- Portable and Waterproof Speaker Makes this Great for the Shower, Beach or Poolside
- Strong, Clear Signal 33-foot (10-meter) Bluetooth Streaming Range
- Rugged housing is IPX4 waterproof, 5 watts RMS and 10 peak watts
If you are venturing into the wilderness for a trek or a vacation, this is a useful thing to have. If you want to enjoy the simplicity of a radio, the AM and FM modes are there to cater to your needs. It is packed with a 9 Volts solar panel. It also doubles up as a power bank for charging electronic devices. The handle allows it to be carried to places. A flashlight and thermometer in it are included as a part of the emergency kit. A 3.5mm jack for connecting earphones is present. The Bluetooth and radio are clear in audio quality. It maintains the blend of treble, bass, and midrange. Considering all the features, it would be safe to say that this Ivation speaker is a complete package of all the features you wish for in a Bluetooth speaker.
9) Eton Rukus Portable Bluetooth Solar-powered Wireless Speaker System:
- Blutooth Sound System
- Play music from Bluetooth enabled smarphone, tablet or PC
- Portable and battery-powered
It has a look similar to a pair of binoculars. It is 4.8 pounds and a handle makes it convenient enough to be carried around. It can be charged through a micro-USB port for charging it and a jack port of 3.5mm. You need to know which symbol signifies what and how to use it. Yet, it is a good investment as a solar-powered Bluetooth speaker as it does its job well. High frequency is given the main focus in this speaker. The bass is not that strong and not its best feature. A medium volume accentuates the audio quality of the speaker without distorting it. Overall, the sound quality is average. If you want a Bluetooth speaker just for recreation, this Eton speaker can be a viable option.
10) SolarSound Portable Bluetooth Speaker:
- Longest Playtime in the Market with Solar Technology: Incredible 72-hour/1500-song playtime powered by a built-in 10000mAh Li-polymer battery. With...
- Crystal Clear & Superior Bass Sound: Enjoy your music in 10W stereo sound through dual high-performance drivers and superior enhanced bass...
- Charges your Smartphone on the go: The SolarSound can also be used as a 10000mAh power bank. Simply plug your phone or tablet into the SolarBass...
This is a good-looking Bluetooth speaker with 360 degrees sound output. The sleek design of this speaker is bound to attract attention. A day at the beach can be complete with this trendy speaker. It has a pot-like shape in a shade of white. 2.5 pounds makes it light enough to be carried around. It is IP44 rated which makes it both water as well as dust resistant. This feature makes it suitable for outdoor use. The micro-USB port gets it charged as well. It can work without interruptions for 8 hours. The sound is reflected in all directions from the base of the speaker. This improves the bass of the speaker quite considerably. The sound is neither harsh nor distorted. The audio quality is quite high.
How do I get the best results out of the solar panels?
The solar panels should be placed in such an angle that it receives direct sunlight for the best results. The solar panels are responsible for creating electrical energy from photons. Hence, there should be an abundant supply of sunlight available to the speaker. If you are charging the speaker daily, 3-4 hours of a constant supply of sunlight should be enough to charge the speaker without putting too much pressure on the panels or battery. Keep it out in the sun, preferred under direct sunlight for the stipulated time and the speaker will get charged on its own. No extra wires need to be attached to it.
Are all the solar-powered Bluetooth speakers waterproof?
No, all of them are not waterproof or even water-resistant. This question might come up because while it is outdoors, it has a risk of getting caught in the rain. You could even spill some liquid on these speakers, accidentally. Whatever happens, you would not want your speaker to malfunction. Whether a solar-powered Bluetooth speaker is waterproof or even water-resistant depends solely on the model that you are buying. It is advisable to buy at least a water-resistant Bluetooth speaker to be on the safer side of things. If you go for an IPX4 level water-resistant speaker, it does not get much better than that from there.
How to connect this speaker with a Bluetooth device?
The system for connecting a solar-powered Bluetooth speaker to a Bluetooth device is the same as that for a normal Bluetooth speaker. Switch on the speaker by pressing the power button. There will be a button with ‘B’ marked on it. That is the button for Bluetooth connectivity. Pressing that button will switch on the Bluetooth appearance of the speaker within the range. Switch on the Bluetooth of your device and search for Bluetooth devices in the area. Tap on the speaker’s name and match the passkeys or codes. When the codes match, the solar-powered Bluetooth speaker and your Bluetooth will be connected and you can enjoy your music.
How do solar panels of a Bluetooth speaker work?
Just like an atom is made up of protons, neutrons, and electrons, sunlight has particles called photons. The solar panels are made up of Photovoltaic cells that are given the shape of a plate. There is a semiconductor layer of the plate on the panel made of silicon. When the photons are directed towards the solar panel, the semiconductor separates the electrons from the atoms and collect them by the plate. The plates on the sides of the Photovoltaic cells transfer the electrons through the wires of the speaker which helps the process. These are turned into electrical energy by the photovoltaic cells that power the speakers.
What are the benefits of using a solar-powered Bluetooth speaker over a normal Bluetooth speaker?
A solar-powered Bluetooth speaker provides many benefits over a traditional Bluetooth speaker. Firstly, it can be taken anywhere without carrying the tangled wires for charging. Electricity is not needed for it to be charged. The sun’s rays are sufficient for this. Therefore, they support the idea of using renewable sources of energy as well. You can even take these speakers to remote places without regular electricity supply. Secondly, they save a lot of money on electricity bills if you use a Bluetooth speaker regularly. Lastly, they are highly energy-efficient and environment-friendly. It uses natural sources to power itself and does not put pressure on non-renewable sources to a large extent.
These are some of the best solar-powered Bluetooth speakers which have inculcated all the features you can expect. To enhance your musical experience, these speakers are what you need for an environmentally sustainable option. Now you can sway around in the tune of your favorite music while nurturing mother nature without any extra effort.