To groove on the out of the world gaming as well as typing experience, you can swear by these five cheap mechanical keyboards which are gaining much popularity in the market.
Frankly speaking, typing away on a mushy membrane keyboard, kind of, sucks. Isn’t it? In recent times, people just realized that mechanical keyboards can provide way more comfort which made cheap mechanical keyboards rise in the market, vastly.
Readers, get ready to know about the top ten cheap mechanical keyboards with their mind-boggling features and why you should buy them!
10 Best Cheap Mechanical Keyboards of 2020
Here’s a compiled list of the Best Cheap Mechanical Keyboards of 2019:
1. Corsair STRAFE:
- 100% Cherry MX key switches - Gold contact Cherry MX mechanical gaming keys deliver the ultimate competitive advantage.Two year warranty
- Dynamic backlighting - Brilliant RED backlighting enhances the experience with virtually unlimited lighting adjustability.Gaming Grade Circuitry -...
- Fully programmable - Reassign any key or set up the most extreme macros for effortless gaming. PC with 2 USB 2.0 ports. Windows 10, Windows 8, or...
If you are into coding or writing or even editing and last but not the least, gaming, then this is the mechanical keyboard you can swear by without spending a good deal of money.
The sole objective of Corsair has always been to produce mechanical keyboard models to meet the basic requirements of gamers. This particular mechanical keyboard is appropriate even for professional gamers. In this portable keyboard with anti-ghosting and complete mechanical keys, you are getting red backlight with different brightness levels.
The features of this jaw-dropping mechanical keyboard are:
- Completely programmable.
- It is available with Cherry MX Red, Blue, Brown and “Silent” switches.
- An attractive array of media controls.
- USB pass-through functionality.
- 100% anti-ghosting with 104-key rollover.
- High-quality backlighting.
- Authentic Cherry MX switches.
- Sturdily built.
- The price of this mechanical keyboard is at a higher margin among other budget mechanical keyboards.
This fully programmable mechanical keyboard with such brilliant features is highly recommended for those who don’t compromise on the smooth gaming experience. No matter how fast you play, the well-structured keys will never fail to register.
2. Velocifire VM01:
- MUST HAVE- Velocifire mechanical keyboard is designed for copywriter, programmer, editors who spend many hours typing every day. You will get better...
- Durable Brown Switch- Low-noise switches have a tactile bump for feedback with every key-press. It is much QUIETER than Blue Switch but LOUDER than a...
- Full 104-key Double - Shot ABS keycap - Double-shot molding is a process of molding plastic around a preformed metal or plastic insert, which is a...
You will be definitely surprised to see how a basic model of a mechanical keyboard that too with such an affordable price tag, from a not-so-popular brand, Velocifire, can suffice all your needs after you lay your hands on it. I bet!
These are the properties of this mechanical keyboard that make it stand out among other ones in the market:
- Subtle looking MX Brown switches.
- The lifespan of each switch is 50 million keystrokes.
- Switches posses gold-plated contacts.
- ABS keycaps give longevity to the keys.
- Exquisite backlighting
- Well-constructed quality components
- Switches are not authentic Cherry MX switches
So, this budget mechanical keyboard with 104 double-shot ABS keycap which is also extremely durable, lightweight and impact resistant, is highly recommended for the new mechanical keyboard users. If you are a copywriter, editor or coder who need to spend a lot of time typing regularly, then this “quieter” mechanical keyboard is a must-have for you!
3. EagleTec KG011:
- WIRED USB KEYBOARD – WHITE VERSION; Basic 104 Key White Mechanical Keyboard with Custom Switches (Cherry MX Blue equivalent). Designed for longevity...
- COMFORTABLE TYPING EXPERIENCE FOR BUSINESS OFFICE OR HOME; The Natural Ergonomic Mechanical Keyboard offer medium resistance, crisp but a quieter...
- ILLUMINATED KEYBOARD & ANTI GHOSTING; SINGLE Blue LED backlit mechanical keyboard, the back lighted keyboard comes with molded keycaps offering...
If you prefer to have a mechanical keyboard of light and eye-soothing color and you want to avoid strong colors like red or blue, then KG011 is the one for you! It is built in aesthetic color with subtle and cool blue backlighting that can be adjusted with different brightness levels. The backlight also possesses “breathing” and “pulsing” option.
Here are the reasons why this magnificent product is worth your money and you can do nothing but buy it:
- Medium resistant switches with 104 switches with double-shot injection molded keycaps.
- Switches provide tactile and auditory feedback.
- Mechanical keyboard with 100% anti-ghosting technology to facilitate fast typing.
- Mesmerizing white body with blue LED backlighting
- Durable structure made up of metal and ABS plastic
- Keycaps are supported with solid switch technology
- This mechanical keyboard is not available with real Cherry MX switches
Thus, to gain an ultimate typing experience at work or home, this mechanical keyboard with a quieter click sound and the full numeric keypad is suitable to buy. Additionally, it contains a gold-plated corrosion free USB connector for reliable connectivity.
4. Rosewill RK-9000V2 RE:
- 100% Cherry Red MX Switches. They deliver a fast and precise response with great tactile feedback.
- The N-key rollover function is a must-have for gamers!
- Multimedia keys give you direct control from your keyboard.
To meet your every essential demand to dive into an electrifying gaming world, this mechanical keyboard is definitely worth trying among other best cheap mechanical keyboards. If you decide from the perspective of pricing, this product is one the cheap mechanical keyboards you can grab right now!
On the grounds of the following features, you can consider this model for buying to get a beautiful experience:
- Cherry MX switches and N-key rollover make gaming more enthralling than ever.
- Decent tactile and auditory feedback.
- Great model for FPS and RTS style games.
- Each and every key of this mechanical keyboard is tested for 50 million keystrokes.
- Unique and simple design
- Authentic Cherry MX switches
- N-key rollover
- Price is a bit higher if you want to buy the backlit version or a different switch color
The mechanical keyboard with 104 keys also contains thick durable mechanical chassis. This is one of the best cheap mechanical keyboards for gaming fanatics for a reliable experience indeed!
5. Logitech G610 Orion:
- Performance-driven gaming keyboard: Full-size keyboard delivering a pure, fluid gaming experience
- Tactile Cherry MX Brown Mechanical Key Switches: Low-noise switches have a tactile bump for feedback with every keypress
- Customizable Lighting: Personalize individual key lighting brightness to keep track of spells and other commands. Backlighting: White. G610 gives you...
Logitech is a reliable brand known for manufacturing well-equipped and cheap mechanical keyboards. If you are looking for a performance-driven gaming keyboard at an affordable rate then you can absolutely not drop down the idea to but this mechanical keyboard.
Points to remember about this particular mechanical keyboard before shortlisting the best cheap mechanical keyboards for buying one of them are:
- G610 is built with Cherry MX Brown switches.
- Provides low-noise typing experience.
- The brightness of each and every individual key can be customized by the user.
- Each key of this mechanical keyboard is rated for 50 million keystrokes.
- Sleek design
- Genuine Cherry MX Brown switches
- Customizable backlighting
- This is a slightly expensive mechanical keyboard in comparison with other cheap mechanical keyboards
You cannot go wrong with this marvelous product that promises swift and amazing gaming as well as typing, with its tactile and low-noise keys and customizable lighting.
6. Microsoft’s Natural Ergonomic Keyboard:
Given the time you spend with your hands on the keyboard, Microsoft’s Natural Ergonomic Keyboard is a perfectly suitable option for you. With the provision of wrist rest on the keyboard, working long hours on the computer becomes less straining. Alongside the rest, your wrists bear, enjoy a quick and customizable way to reach files and folders with handy keys. You can also take support of the zoom slider located in the middle of the keyboard.
- Zoom: Get a closer look quickly with the help of the zoom slider.
- Customizable hotkeys: Perform simple tasks such as opening a document or replying to an email with a click of a button.
- Improved number pad: Backspace, brackets and equal sign are just within reach, located just above the number keys.
- Ergonomic design: Type in total comfort without arm discomfort and perfect alignment of the hand and the arm.
- Fast and easy access to everyday tasks
- Touch a button to access emaiL
- Better support with integrated palm rest
- The keys are a bit stiffer than usual
7. Apple Wired Keyboard:
- Anodized aluminum enclosure
- Extended layout with document navigation controls, a numeric keypad, and special function keys
- Low profile keys
Full-size keyboard with a slim form and a USB port on the side. The connecting cable of this keyboard possesses a short length, and so you might have to use a USB extender cable with this keyboard. This keyboard also lacks a backlight.
- Great for spreadsheets and finance applications
- Possesses document navigation control
- Full-size arrow keys for gaming
- Built-in rechargeable battery
- Rich and precise typing experience
- Encompasses slim keys
- Speed up the typing process
- Thin keys
- The keyboard is longer on one side, i.e., right-handed people have to put their mouse further away to place the keyboard in the centre
- No backside illumination
8. Apple Wireless Keyboard:
- Magic Keyboard combines a sleek design with a built-in rechargeable battery and enhanced key features.
- With a stable scissor mechanism beneath each key, as well as optimized key travel and a low profile, Magic Keyboard provides a remarkably comfortable...
- It pairs automatically with your Mac, so you can get to work right away.
Apple wireless keyboard is a pretty lovely Bluetooth keyboard that charges with a lightning cable. The wireless keyboard is slim, compact, and pleasant to type on.
- Compact size
- Slim form
- Runs on batteries
- No backlight
9. Das Keyboard 4 or Model S Mechanical Keyboard:
- German-engineered, gold-plated, mechanical key switches (Cherry MX Brown). Designed to withstand 50 million key strokes
- Special Media Keys (inscriptions in blue): sleep, brightness +/-, mute, volume +/-, eject, play/pause, next and previous track
- Laser-etched inscriptions on keys to resist fading
Type faster with this than you ever thought was possible. Experience a faster, accurate and smoother typing spree. It is made of high-quality materials and robust construction.
- Mechanical key switches with gold contacts
- Laser etched letters to prevent fading over time
- Media controls
- Enhanced key layout
- Two windows key
- Blue LEDs
- Extra-long 2-meter USB cable
- The glossy black upper enclosure
- Available with cherry MX Blue, brown switches
- Includes dedicated hardware media
- Sleep controls
- Sturdy construction
- Integrated hub supporting USB 3.0
- No backlighting
- No profiles
10. Kinesis Ergonomic Keyboard:
- CONTOURED ERGONOMIC SHAPE PROVEN TO INCREASE COMFORT AND PRODUCTIVITY: Patented design features split keywells with concave shape, thumb keys,...
- GENUINE CHERRY MECHANICAL SWITCHES FOR PREMIUM TYPING FEEL AND PERFORMANCE: Cherry MX Brown mechanical switches feature a low activation force,...
- Full onboard programmability with the Driverless Smart Set engine: Custom layouts in QWERTY or Dvorak, on-the-fly macro recording, one-touch key...
Kinesis Keyboard and accessories aid in relieving the repetitive stress issues associated with traditional keyboard and mouse. This keyboard allows you to use the keyboard at a comfortable width.
- 20-degree tenting for hand/wrist rest.
- It has compact design, palm support for while typing.
- Also have concave key walls for better access.
- Integrated with sculpted home row with the availability of thumb keys and vertical keys.
- Low profile
- Adjustable angle usage
- The arrow keys are split between the panes; Up and down arrows are on the right, Left and right arrows are on the left.
- There are two Ctrl keys but only one Windows key.
- Alt lies at the top of the left thumb cluster.
- Esc is a tiny button and challenging to reach the switch.
- The plus or equal to the key is where you would expect to find Esc on most keyboards.
- The minus or underscore key is where you would expect to find Backspace on most keyboards.
The curly braces or brackets are awkwardly situated in the southeast corner, requiring use of one’s pinkie finger to reach them.
Factors to consider before buying a mechanical keyboard
Before discussing the guidelines to buy a mechanical keyboard, let me ask you, why do you even bother to buy a mechanical keyboard today? You could easily utilize your regular office keyboard and have the same kind of fun, right? Unfortunately, the answer is no! Until you have experienced the fun of a gaming mechanical keyboard, you have not gamed at all.
You need to have some knowledge to avoid to fall on the traps of fraudulent companies producing cheap mechanical keyboards. And before selecting the one among all the best cheap mechanical keyboards, you must confirm their specifications with the following parameters:
The foundation of the glory of a mechanical keyboard lies in its mechanical switches, to be honest. The reason why people love these switches is that they provide reliability, auditory feedback when in use. You need not wonder whether your keypress has been registered or not because it has the underlying bit of contact metal.
In games, when you need to be as quick as possible, 100% anti-ghosting technology offers you the freedom to press as many keys you want at the same time, yet all the keystrokes will be registered.
To play precisely in low-light conditions and for managing game controls, backlighting has a very vital significance. While choosing one from all the best cheap mechanical keyboards, you must opt for the product that features powerful LEDs illuminating the entire keyboard.
Well, you can’t completely rely on the information provided by a manufacturer specifying the mechanical keyboard is tested for XX million keystrokes (usually 30-60 million strokes). For this reason, you have to dig into details to know the material used for its construction.
Unlike gaming mouses, buying a mechanical keyboard is a way simpler task. You just need to keep a few points in your mind to sort out as there are various options under the category of best cheap mechanical keywords.
Anyway, a decent mechanical keyboard is always not apt for gaming only. It increases productivity, speed, and accuracy of those who code, type or edit. So, what are you waiting for? Surf through all the details of the provided list of best cheap mechanical keyboards to find out the one for you and start enjoying the world of gaming and typing in a brand new style!